Friday, May 9, 2008

Albertina


Kokoschka

Durer

Our German professor, when asked about German grammar its use and etiquette responded with his thick Austrian/Irish accent that, “some people follow Jesus and some people don’t, it’s the same with grammar.” After class we went shopping in a cheaper area of Vienna. I thought it was great but I was in ecstasy because I bought a hat. So maybe it wasn’t that great, I couldn’t say. Went to the Albertina museum today. I was very excited because Oskar Kokoschka and an exhibition from Monet to Picasso where there, as well as Paul Klee whom I didn’t know very much about. As well as Michelangelo, Albrecht Durer, Rembrandt and Rubens. Starvation had set in as soon as we got to the museum. 5 hours later it was necessary to go to the market. There I got tricked into eating hot peppers and buying pinky nail sized strawberries. But a nice man gave me a big piece of ship cheats… (Sheep cheese I’m guessing).

No comments: