Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Salzburg and more

concert in mirabelle
roomie and me

kept hearing "this is just like harry potter"


these smiles are just like the ones in harry potter



Mozart balls




Salt mine thug

So I forgot my camera for Salzburg. Of course I did, because apparently it’s the most beautiful city in all of Europe… Aubrey and I shared photo memories. We thought it would be a good idea to take lots of seemingly candid shots of each other. That these candid shots would be somehow the best for us… Notice no “candid” ones. Sound of music songs were sung the entire trip. We climbed every mountain, well at least one. Saw Hellbrun. The 16 going on 17 gazebo. Mozart’s birthplace. Mirabelle gardens (Doe a dear). The fortress. Greek dancers getting really drunk. Salt mines with costumes plus miners slides. Marionette of the magic flute. And lots.
Today it rained. And we had lectures outside in that rain. Trying to see the top of a church whilst rain is being dumped into your eyeballs is not a wonderful thing. Bike ride in the rain tomorrow will be similar. Wishing I brought goggles.





2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm sure your mom could send you those onion chopping goggles you got for Christmas!

Kay are you getting more beautiful by the day? Sheesh you look great, the cake is doing you good :)

Speaking of which, I started a serious workout this last little bit and I have been getting up at 5:15 (insane yes), but a guy is involved so need I say more. I was so proud of myself though I "ran" 2 miles this morning!!!

Your roommate looks fun. Did you know anyone before this started? How's the German?

Alex Campbell said...

Wow, go Aunt Jamie! Running up a storm, that’s awesome (a guy? Whom?). I have tried running a few times here. Its all up hill so, lets just say they are shorter runs. Although very beautiful, I was running around and then all of a sudden I was in the woods and there was a castle and a vineyard on my left. Ha.
Aubrey is such a fun roommate, I got lucky. I didn’t know anyone here but it has been great everyone is so much fun. The German however, not so great. Whenever you try to speak it with someone they just get bugged and switch to English. Well thanks for the note! Love Alex